• About us
  • Contact us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
Fund Fluxes
Advertisement
  • Business
  • investing
  • Politics
  • Stocks
No Result
View All Result
  • Business
  • investing
  • Politics
  • Stocks
No Result
View All Result
Fund Fluxes
No Result
View All Result
Home Politics

Doctors Without Borders reduces operations at Gaza hospital over security concerns

February 16, 2026
in Politics
0
Doctors Without Borders reduces operations at Gaza hospital over security concerns
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF), commonly known as Doctors Without Borders, suspended noncritical medical operations at Gaza’s Nasser Hospital in Khan Younis, citing security concerns.

MSF said it made the decision, as of Jan. 20, due to concerns about the management of the hospital and what it described as a pattern of unacceptable incidents within the compound. 

The suspension had not been widely reported at the time, and it was not immediately clear when the decision was first publicly posted.

MSF’s frequently asked questions page, where the update appears, shows it was last revised on Feb. 11.

In recent months, the international medical humanitarian aid group said staff and patients have reported the presence of armed and sometimes masked men, intimidation, arbitrary arrests of patients and the suspected movement of weapons on hospital grounds.

‘While none of these incidents occurred in parts of the hospital compound where MSF works, they pose serious security threats to our teams and patients,’ MSF wrote on its website.

‘MSF formally expressed its strong concern to relevant authorities and emphasized the incompatibility of such violations with our medical mission. Hospitals must remain neutral, civilian spaces, free from military presence or activity, to ensure the safe and impartial delivery of medical care,’ the group continued. ‘MSF calls on all armed groups, Hamas, and Israeli forces to respect medical facilities and ensure the protection of civilians.’

In a statement issued Saturday, Nasser Hospital rejected what it called ‘false, unsubstantiated, and misleading allegations’ by MSF regarding the presence of weapons or armed groups inside the facility.

‘These allegations are factually incorrect, irresponsible, and pose a serious risk to a protected civilian medical facility. The Gaza Strip is under an extreme and prolonged state of emergency resulting from systematic attacks on civilian institutions,’ it said. ‘Under these conditions, isolated unlawful actions by uncontrolled individuals and groups have occurred across society, including attempts by some to carry weapons.’

Hospital officials said a civilian police presence had been arranged to help safeguard patients, staff and infrastructure and called on MSF to retract its claims and reaffirm its commitment to medical neutrality.

The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) said Sunday on X that it has intelligence indicating Hamas is using Nasser Hospital as a headquarters and military post, reiterating long-standing allegations that the militant group embeds operations within civilian facilities in Gaza.

‘For over two years, the IDF and the defense establishment has warned about the cynical use by terrorist organizations in Gaza of hospitals and humanitarian shelters as human shields to conceal terrorist activity,’ it wrote.  

Hamas has previously denied using hospitals or other civilian facilities for military purposes.

This post appeared first on FOX NEWS

Previous Post

DAVID MARCUS: Trump hits the links with a chance to bring in an ace

Next Post

The one sentence in Rubio’s Munich speech that revealed Trump’s red line for Europe

Next Post
The one sentence in Rubio’s Munich speech that revealed Trump’s red line for Europe

The one sentence in Rubio’s Munich speech that revealed Trump’s red line for Europe

    Sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest insights, updates, and exclusive content straight to your inbox! Whether it's industry news, expert advice, or inspiring stories, we bring you valuable information that you won't find anywhere else. Stay connected with us!


    By opting in you agree to receive emails from us and our affiliates. Your information is secure and your privacy is protected.

    Recent News

    The Real Drivers of This Market: AI, Semis & Robotics

    The Real Drivers of This Market: AI, Semis & Robotics

    February 16, 2026
    S&P 500 Breaking Out Again: What This Means for Your Portfolio

    S&P 500 Breaking Out Again: What This Means for Your Portfolio

    February 16, 2026
    Rubio defends US operation in Venezuela, calls out reporter for trying to start a fight

    Rubio defends US operation in Venezuela, calls out reporter for trying to start a fight

    February 16, 2026
    Waltz calls UN a ‘cesspool for antisemitism’ as Trump administration pushes major reforms

    Waltz calls UN a ‘cesspool for antisemitism’ as Trump administration pushes major reforms

    February 16, 2026

    Disclaimer: fundfluxes.com, its managers, its employees, and assigns (collectively “The Company”) do not make any guarantee or warranty about what is advertised above. Information provided by this website is for research purposes only and should not be considered as personalized financial advice. The Company is not affiliated with, nor does it receive compensation from, any specific security. The Company is not registered or licensed by any governing body in any jurisdiction to give investing advice or provide investment recommendation. Any investments recommended here should be taken into consideration only after consulting with your investment advisor and after reviewing the prospectus or financial statements of the company.



    Copyright © 2024 fundfluxes.com | All Rights Reserved

    • About us
    • Contact us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms & Conditions

    Recent News

    The Real Drivers of This Market: AI, Semis & Robotics

    The Real Drivers of This Market: AI, Semis & Robotics

    February 16, 2026
    S&P 500 Breaking Out Again: What This Means for Your Portfolio

    S&P 500 Breaking Out Again: What This Means for Your Portfolio

    February 16, 2026
    Rubio defends US operation in Venezuela, calls out reporter for trying to start a fight

    Rubio defends US operation in Venezuela, calls out reporter for trying to start a fight

    February 16, 2026
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Business
    • investing
    • Politics
    • Stocks

    Copyright © 2024 pinnacleofinvestment.com | All Rights Reserved